The Collings Foundation Hosts:
Battle for the Airfield
WWII Reenactment and Living History Weekend
October 10th and 11th
….An undercover French Resistance Fighter met with the Allied Forces and showed the exact coordinates of the German encampment. The night just before an elite German force more than took a small grass airstrip just a handful of hundred feet away. The Allied Forces had to obtain manage of this airfield so they could fly in considerably-needed supplies. – It was going to be a tough fight.
How will the battle finish? Will the Allied troops be able to obtain manage of the airfield and additional their advancement? You will have to be right here to discover out. The Collings Foundation will host a Living History event you will never neglect. You will be able to see original equipment from WWII in action. Almost everything from the cooking utensils to M1 rifles is original. The only occasion of this type – in the world. – Don’t miss it!
October 10th and 11th
Open Daily: eight:30 AM to four:30 PM
Entry Charge: Adults / Young children
This is a public occasion and reservations are not essential.
Two reenactments per day: 11:00 AM and three:30 PM.
Show will contain:
* Aircraft: TBM Avenger, Wright "Vin Fiz" replica, 1909 Bleriot, Fokker DR-I replica, PT-17 Stearman, Cessna UC-78 Bobcat, North American AT-six Texan, Fiesler Fi-156 Storch, and a lot of far more!
* Automobiles: Complete Collings Foundation collection – see list for details.
* Collings Foundation Present Shop
* Vetran’s Roundtable Discussion: Hear remarkable stories from WWII Veterans about thier experiences for the duration of the war. 1:00 PM on hangar floor – both ten/10 and ten/11.
* PT-17 Stearman Rides – Restricted Availability
* for 1/two Hour
* Call 978-562-9182 for reservations.
* See PT-17 Info here
* T-six Texan Rides – Restricted Availability
* for 45 minutes
* Get in touch with 978-562-9182 for reservations.
* The WWII Battle reenactment will take spot twice every day on the grass landing strip in front of the hangar. It will take place at 11 AM and 3:30 PM.
* There will be suprises every battle!
* The Collings Foundation grounds are extremely good and make a great setting for such an event. Acquiring right here is tricky! Click on the link above for directions.
* The Fiesler FI-156 Storch has an amazing history during WWII. This aircraft is well known for its versatility and simple flying traits. The plane that saved Mussolini! (temporarily). We will be flying as portion of the battle reenactment.
* Our M-16 Half-Track has been beautifully restored. The quad mount 50cal machine guns fully rotate. The M-16 will be participating in the WWII battle reenactments.
* The German 88mm flak cannon was feared by all airmen. One particular of the 1st weapons to have "pre-programmed" ammunition. This cannon will also be a part of the battle reenactments.
* For a "birds eye" view of the occasion- we will be providing PT-17 Stearman and T-6 Texan flights. Flying in these aircraft is a lot of fun! Call to reserve your flight: 800-568-8924
* Post-war German ingenuity.. A Messerschmitt minicar! On display courtesy of the Gould Foundation collection.
* It will be the Allied vs. the Axis in a extremely memorable battle re-enactment! This living history perfomance will captivate and educate. It will take location each day at 11 AM and 3:30 PM.
Doosan Infracore Participates in EMO 2015
Doosan Infracore (CEO Sohn Dong-youn) announced on Oct. 7 that it is participating in the Exposition mondiale de la Machine Outil (EMO) 2015 becoming held in Milan, Italy, from Oct. 5 to ten. The EMO is one particular of the 4 greatest machine tools fairs in the …
Read a lot more on BusinessKorea
Optics, Fabrication: Changes, Challenges and Progress
Even so, simply because of their hardness, machining these supplies poses challenges such as accelerated tool wear, excessive tool load, reduced processing speeds and less than desirable surface good quality if inadequate machining methods are utilized …
Study a lot more on Photonics.com
Edgecam 2016 R1 Released
GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UK, Oct 13, 2015 – The newest release of Edgecam's game-changing manufacturing application includes more than 30 essential new and enhanced products of CAD and CAM functionality for milling, turning, and wire EDM. … Buyers functioning with …
Read far more on Ten Hyperlinks