Some cool all axis machining pictures:
The Collings Foundation Hosts:
Battle for the Airfield
WWII Reenactment and Living History Weekend
October 10th and 11th
….An undercover French Resistance Fighter met with the Allied Forces and showed the precise coordinates of the German encampment. The night prior to an elite German force over took a tiny grass airstrip just a couple of hundred feet away. The Allied Forces had to achieve handle of this airfield so they could fly in much-needed supplies. – It was going to be a difficult fight.
How will the battle finish? Will the Allied troops be capable to achieve control of the airfield and additional their advancement? You will have to be here to discover out. The Collings Foundation will host a Living History occasion you will never ever neglect. You will be in a position to see original gear from WWII in action. Almost everything from the cooking utensils to M1 rifles is original. The only event of this type – in the world. – Don’t miss it!
October 10th and 11th
Open Everyday: eight:30 AM to four:30 PM
Entry Charge: Adults / Youngsters
This is a public occasion and reservations are not necessary.
Two reenactments per day: 11:00 AM and three:30 PM.
Display will incorporate:
* Aircraft: TBM Avenger, Wright "Vin Fiz" replica, 1909 Bleriot, Fokker DR-I replica, PT-17 Stearman, Cessna UC-78 Bobcat, North American AT-6 Texan, Fiesler Fi-156 Storch, and many more!
* Automobiles: Entire Collings Foundation collection – see list for information.
* Collings Foundation Present Shop
* Vetran’s Roundtable Discussion: Hear amazing stories from WWII Veterans about thier experiences throughout the war. 1:00 PM on hangar floor – each ten/10 and ten/11.
* PT-17 Stearman Rides – Limited Availability
* for 1/two Hour
* Get in touch with 978-562-9182 for reservations.
* See PT-17 Info right here
* T-6 Texan Rides – Limited Availability
* for 45 minutes
* Call 978-562-9182 for reservations.
* The WWII Battle reenactment will take spot twice every single day on the grass landing strip in front of the hangar. It will take place at 11 AM and 3:30 PM.
* There will be suprises every battle!
* The Collings Foundation grounds are very good and make a wonderful setting for such an event. Acquiring here is tricky! Click on the hyperlink above for directions.
* The Fiesler FI-156 Storch has an amazing history throughout WWII. This aircraft is well known for its versatility and effortless flying traits. The plane that saved Mussolini! (temporarily). We will be flying as portion of the battle reenactment.
* Our M-16 Half-Track has been beautifully restored. The quad mount 50cal machine guns totally rotate. The M-16 will be participating in the WWII battle reenactments.
* The German 88mm flak cannon was feared by all airmen. A single of the first weapons to have "pre-programmed" ammunition. This cannon will also be a element of the battle reenactments.
* For a "birds eye" view of the occasion- we will be supplying PT-17 Stearman and T-6 Texan flights. Flying in these aircraft is a lot of enjoyable! Contact to reserve your flight: 800-568-8924
* Post-war German ingenuity.. A Messerschmitt minicar! On display courtesy of the Gould Foundation collection.
* It will be the Allied vs. the Axis in a extremely memorable battle re-enactment! This living history perfomance will captivate and educate. It will take place each and every day at 11 AM and 3:30 PM.